Mobility and transportation are two of the biggest issues facing our Valley (housing being the other…but we all know transportation and land use are directly connected). The goal of this 1st Annual Transportation Forum is to educate, hear from experts in the industry, and brainstorm about where we need to be focused, if we are going to be successful long term.
Please join City of San Jose District 1 Council Member Chappie Jones, California State Senator Jim Beall, and their panel to discuss transportation policy and infrastructure plans at the regional, state, and local level.
Saturday, August 20th, 2016
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Archbishop Mitty High School
5000 Mitty Way
San Jose, CA 95129
To be discussed:
- What transportation policies and infrastructures are being planned at the state, regional and local level for our area?
- What can the people of District 1, District 6 & surrounding areas do to address current and future transportation issues?
- What can be done to reduce traffic congestion, increase public transit ridership, reduce air pollution and improve safety and accessibility?
Moderated by Jonathan Noble, Director of Government Relations at Microsoft
Chris Lepe, Transform
Ezra Rapport, ABAG
Laura Tolkoff, SPUR
Matt Sawchuck, Uber
Mr. Roadshow, San Jose Mercury News
San Jose Department of Transportation (DOT)
San Jose Planning Department
Shiloh Ballard, Silicon Valley Bike Coalition
There will also be a presentation on “Leveraging Technology to Improve Civic Engagement” by the founders of Owlized.
- provide education on key transportation/mobility issues
- bring together regional agencies, elected officials, and residents from different Districts & Cities
- focus forum discussions on developing long range solutions, not short term “band-aides”